...and my kids killed the lamp in our 54 inch DLP TV. But I am okay with that. Here's why:
Wendy and I just don't want to spend the money on a new bulb for the TV(they are about $200).
It has been a week now, and we are loving being TV free. I have read two books I've been meaning to get to. Also the noise level in our home has more than halved. My kids complained less than I expected and are getting along a lot better, and in the evening we read library books together, talk about what we've read, play in the yard, build puzzles and so much more.
Their imaginations have really just blossomed, they are inventing games that the three oldest can play together, building more forts and castles than ever before.
They sleep better at night, and are less grumpy in the day. Ewan pays better attention to our instructions than he ever has before.
Wendy and I loved our TV shows and our kids were by no means TV addicts, but we all had our favorites we just had to see.
We are not swearing TV off as forever evil. Our kids were always only allowed to watch a limited amount of TV and only age appropriate programming at that. However with such a remarkable difference in our home, we are in no rush to reanimate the idiot box that now sits awkwardly in our family room with a weeks worth of Anna's crafts hanging from it.
Monday, September 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment