Sunday, September 16, 2007

Things I never thought I'd have to say...

As a parent you find yourself blurting out the most bizarre things in the course of a "normal" day. Here are just a few we've blurted in the last little while:
  • Get your feet of the ceiling, right now! (To Ewan on a road trip after he managed to unbuckle himself)
  • Take your finger out of his ear!
  • Let go of her tongue
  • Eat your bacon, eat your bacon (sung out load ad nauseum, accompanied by vigorous dancing and belly slapping all this and more to encourage your 2 year old to eat her breakfast)
  • No officer it wasn't my kids, we were just standing here waiting for our pizza to be delivered (followed by a brisk, but not-to-obvious departure)
  • What'sup Revin' Evan?
  • How did Cecily get her head stuck in there in the first place?
  • Get off Ronald Reagan, now!
I'll add more later... right now I have to rescue a baby doll from the clutches of Cuppy.

2 comments:

Christine said...

You guys are super special!!!!!!!!!! and we loooooove you. Tell us the pizza story.

Anonymous said...

The best is when you hear your kids repeat your phrases back to a sibling or friend, but somehow it always sounds worse coming from a little kid. You got to love spontaneous parenting.