Rhyn Abraham Morkel was born at home at 5.07am on April 6th, 2010. He weighed in at a respectable 7 bs 11 ozs (That is 3.18 kg) our heaviest baby yet and is 19.5 inches long.
Wendy's labour was a little longer (5 hrs and 22 mins) than expected (considering what happened last time with Clementine "rapid rocket" Morkel.)
What was cool is that Dad got to deliver him, just like with Ewan and Cecily.
He is doing great and nursing well and Wendy is doing wonderfully to. Anna is so proud to be a big sister again and loves to hold him and talk to him. Ewan lost interest after a few hours and went to play "Plants vs Zombies" on the computer. Cecily gives us a play by play about what "it" is doing: "it" is crying, or "it" is eating "its" hand :)
Clementine calls him Rhyn the Piggy (because he snorts sometimes and she loves piggies)
PS Rhyn is part of my Ouma's maiden name (Van Rhyn) and is pronounced like rain.
6 comments:
Congrats! Glad everyone is doing well!
Kevin
I am lovin' that name. Thanks for letting me know how to pronounce it. I bet is sounds really cool with your accent, Peter. Someday I hope to have a kid that is under 8 and a half pounds, but seeing as how I am not strong enough to go natural. . .I think it works out in the end. I can't wait to see more pictures.
Cool. The Rhine is my favorite river!
You guys are special! We are excited to see your little sprinkle!
Congrats! He is a good size! Glad to hear that all went well.
congratulations guys we're so happy for you . i don't know how you and christine's family are going to manage camping this summer with all the new cute little babies..but i hope you can because we are excited to see you all. If you aren't able to do the camping thing, we'll have to do a day picnic at least. Take care of Wendy and that beautiful baby!
Post a Comment