My appreciation for President Gordon B. Hinckley comes from one simple fact. I knew he was who he so humbly claimed to be: a prophet of God and witness of Jesus Christ. I knew this because repeatedly, consistently over the last 13 years my prayers have been directly answered by the words he spoke or wrote. Sometimes it felt like he was speaking only to me.
As I have started to review all the talks he gave in conference, I have come to appreciate another of his gifts: his calling as a seer.
Try doing this review and you'll see what I mean. His influence on the direction of the Church will be felt for the rest of its' history, his influence on me and my family I pray will last a lifetime. Goodbye President Hinckley, we love and miss you.
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment